How to travel from Cuzco to Arequipa:
Bus Tickets Peru offers you different options for this trip:
- Direct trip. There are direct trips from Cuzco to Arequipa. The buses leave Cusco at 20:00. 8:30 p.m. and 8:45 p.m. The bus companies that offer this service are Oltursa (bed and semi-bed buses), Transzela (bed bus) and Cruz del Sur (bed and semi-bed buses).
- Travel with layover. Another option is to travel with a stopover in Puno, where you can visit the floating islands of the Uros and Lake Titicaca, for this trip we have companies such as Turismo mer..
- Touristic bus. There are no direct tourist buses from Cuzco to Arequipa, but with the 4PM Express company you can stop in Chivay to see the impressive Colca Canyon. The 4PM Express bus picks up passengers from their hotel and makes stops along the way to enjoy the scenery and take pictures.
After making your purchase, you will receive a confirmation email with your electronic tickets. If you do not receive this email within an hour after the purchase, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT TO VISIT IN AREQUIPA AND CUSCO
- City tour: From the Plaza de Armas, in the center of Arequipa, you can take a walking tour of the city, with daily departures at 10:00 am and 3:00 pm. The tour is free but you should consider the tip.
- Main Square: The square is surrounded by colonial buildings declared cultural heritage by UNESCO. There are ideal cafes and restaurants to enjoy in a charming setting.
- Yanahuar: The Yanahuara viewpoint is one of the best places from which to appreciate the beauty of Arequipa. It is about 30 minutes on foot from the center and allows a privileged view of the city
- Rainbow Mountain. Also called Winicunca mountain, or mountain of the seven colors, this amazing natural expression of color is located 3 hours and a half from Cusco. From its 5,200m you can see spectacular views. The ascent is recommended only to travelers who are acclimatized.
- Restaurants. Do not miss the empanadas and tamales of the San Pedro market and other delicacies of Peruvian cuisine. The most daring travelers can try guinea pig, a tradition of Arequipa origin. Being a very popular tourist destination, Cusco offers a wide variety of options in cafes, bars and restaurants.
- Accommodation.There are different lodging options according to your budget. It is advisable to spend one or two nights in Cusco to get used to the altitude, especially if you plan to go trekking.