TRAVEL OPTIONS FROM SUCRE TO POTOSI
Bus Tickets Peru offers you several options to travel by bus on this route:
- Direct trip: There are direct buses from Potosi to Sucre. The journey takes about 3 hours. There are up to 9 departures daily. Buses leave Sucre between 6:00am or 8:00pm from the bus terminal on Avenida Ostria Gutierrez and arrive in Potosi at the new bus terminal on Avenida Las Banderas. Before boarding the bus you have to pay a small fee called Uso de terminal which costs Bs2.5 per person. The company operating this route is Trans Emperador (bus normal).
After finalizing your purchase you will receive a confirmation email along with your electronic tickets. If you do not receive them in a maximum of one hour, contact us through our email: email@example.com
THINGS TO DO IN POTOSI
- Cerro Rico: It is possible to do tours of the cooperative mines of Cerro Rico. There are several companies, some more ‘ethical’ than others. Check the reviews to make sure you book a tour with a company that really supports the miners.
- Casa Nacional de la Moneda: The National Mint of Bolivia or the Mint of Potosí is where most of the silver shipped through the Spanish came. It is now a very interesting museum and features a collection of contemporary and religious art as well as some artifacts from its coin pressing days.
- Colonial Buildings and Historic Center: Several impressive and well preserved colonial churches and buildings can be found in Potosi’s city center. Highlights include the Torre de la Compañía de Jesús, the Catedral de la Ciudad de Potosi, the Convento Museo Santa Teresa and the Iglesia de San Lorenzo de Carangas.
- Hot springs: Some thermal baths lie just half an hour from the city center in a place called Tarapaya. Tarapaya has a basic resort with a restaurant, hotel and pools. Nearby is also a naturally heated lagoon known as Ojo del Inca.
- Restaurants: Typical dishes of Potosí are Cazuela, Aji de Pataskha, Chambergos, Chajchu, Calapurka, among others. Do not miss the calapurka, a soup made with wheat flour and cooked with a hot stone.
- Accommodation: Located at 4,060 meters above sea level, Potosi can get particularly cold at night and in winter. Bring layers and be prepared that some hostels may not have heating.